©2011 Galesburg Broadcasting Co.
|Ameren Announces Minority Scholarship Program
|The Ameren Illinois Utilities have announced they are accepting applications for their 2010 Minority Scholarship.
The Ameren Illinois Utilities will award one, annually renewable $2,500 scholarship to a minority student who is a permanent resident within the service territory served by AmerenCIPS, AmerenCILCO and AmerenIP.
Scholarship applications and complete eligibility requirements are available on the Ameren Web site (www.ameren.com) at "Community Members" in the top menu. Then select "Illinois Community Members" in left column menu and then "Scholarships" in left column menu. Interested persons also may call Wanda Cruz at 1 217-424-6524 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by April 9, 2010, and the recipient will be notified no later than May 7, 2010.
Scholarship eligibility requirements include the following:
* An applicant must be a high school senior, a U.S. citizen and a minority as defined by the federal government (i.e., African-American, American Indian, Hispanic, Asian, Alaska Native or Pacific Islander).
* The student must plan to major in an engineering discipline, such as electrical, civil or mechanical engineering.
* The student must have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
* An applicant must reside within the Ameren Illinois Utilities' service territory, but may not be related to an employee of any Ameren company.
* The scholarship may be used at any accredited two-year or four-year college or university located in the United States.
Scholarship recipient selection will be based on scholastic ability, financial need and career choice.
The scholarship recipient will be eligible to receive $2,500 a year for up to four years. In addition, the recipient will be offered a summer internship at Ameren following the completion of the recipient's freshman year in college or university.
(Submitted by Ameren)
|03 06 10 by Newsroom
Click here for the WGIL News Archive
Click here for national news
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content). By accessing this Web site or digital service, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (ii) No Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (iii) The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) The Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) The Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of AP materials or any portion thereof at any time.