©2011 Galesburg Broadcasting Co.
Read the latest local sports stories by clicking here
|Top 25 Men's College Basketball Summary - 1/3/10
|UNDATED (AP) -- Jacob Pullen had 23 points, Dominique Sutton had a double-double and No. 12 Kansas State beat South Dakota 91-69. Kansas State, at 13-and-1, is off to its best start since opening the 1918-19 season with 17 straight wins.
Pullen hit six 3-pointers. Sutton had 14 points and 10 rebounds. Curtis Kelly chipped in 15 points for the Wildcats, who take their longest winning streak in 16 years into Saturday's Big 12 opener at Missouri.
In other Top-25 action:
- Seventh-ranked Duke opened its Atlantic Coast Conference season with a dominating defensive effort in their 74-53 rout of 21st-ranked Clemson. The Tigers were held to 12 points in the first half in losing their 13th straight game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Jon Scheyer and Nolan Smith each scored 22 for Duke.
- No. 13 Georgetown got 18 points from Chris Wright and 17 from Austin Freeman in a 67-50 win over DePaul. The 11-and-1 Hoyas led by 10 at halftime and then pulled away for their ninth straight victory over the Blue Demons.
- DeShawn Sims scored 28 points and Manny Harris added 24 to lead Michigan to a 73-64 win over No. 15 Ohio State. Sims' layup with six minutes to play sparked an 11-0 run that gave the Wolverines the lead for good.
- The 20th-ranked Red Raiders of Texas Tech remained unbeaten at home this season with an 86-78 win over UTEP. Tech's David Tairu scored 13 of his 15 points in the second half to lead the way for the 12-and-2 Red Raiders.
- Trevon Hughes had 18 points as No. 23 Wisconsin beat Penn State, 63-46. The win is the Badgers' sixth straight. They've beaten Penn State in 11 straight outings.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)