©2011 Galesburg Broadcasting Co.
Read the latest local sports stories by clicking here
|Local Sports Roundup -- 2/10/10
|High School Girls Basketball Regionals
(1) Abingdon beat (4) United 45-40
(3) BPC/A pulled off a minor upset by stopping (2) North Fulton 66-63 in OT.
-Abingdon and BPC/A play in the regional championship game Thursday night at 7:30
(1) Knoxville beat (4) Rowva 42-29
(2) Ridgewood cruised past (3) Orion 61-23
-Knoxville and Ridgewood play Thursday night at 7:30 in the regional championship game
@ Wyoming - Stark County:
(1) Annawan blew out (4) Henry 74-22
(3) Wethersfield upset (2) Stark County 66-64
-Annawan and Wethersfield play for the regional crown Thursday night at 7:30
(1) Brimfield rolled past (4) Roanoke-Benson/Lowpoint-Washburn 95-49
(2) Princeville defeated (3) Midland 73-49
-Brimfield and Princeville tangle in Thursday night's regional championship game at 7:30
@ Rock Island (Alleman):
(1) Kewanee beat (4) Rockridge 57-34
(2) Rock Island Alleman handled (3) Sherrard 37-26
-Kewanee and Alleman play for the regional title Thursday night at 7:30
High School Boys Basketball
Wethersfield got by Ridgewood 39-36
Galva beat West Central 65-52
Mercer County outscored Princeville by one point in the fourth quarter, leading the Golden Eagles past the Princes 60-59.
Canton beat Dunlap 83-61
Grinnell College (6-14, 4-9) had its highest scoring output of the season in a 131-84 win at home against Knox College (2-18, 2-11). Joe Kozak poured in a career-high 35 points for the Prairie Fire.
Grinnell College beat Knox College 74-69. Lynn Mueller led four Prairie Fire players in double-figure scoring with 12 points as Knox falls to 9-11 overall and 4-9 in conference play. Grinnell's Michelle Briggs broke a school record with 8 blocks for the Pioneers (5-15, 3-10). She also scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to come up just short of a triple-double.