©2011 Galesburg Broadcasting Co.
Read the latest local sports stories by clicking here
|Connecticut Suit Against WWE Dismissed
|NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- A federal judge in Connecticut has dismissed a lawsuit by the widow of a World Wrestling Entertainment performer against the company's former chief executive Linda McMahon, who's running for U.S. Senate.
Martha Hart sued WWE and McMahon in 2010 during her first run for the Senate, which the Republican lost to Democrat Richard Blumenthal. Hart said the company used the image of her late husband, Owen Hart, without her permission.
Owen Hart died in a televised stunt in 1999, when he fell from an apparatus while being lowered into the wrestling ring at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo.
Judge Stefan Underhill last week dismissed the claims against McMahon and most claims against WWE. He said the Stamford, Conn.-based company retained a right to Hart's wrestling career.
Martha Hart's attorney hasn't returned a message left Wednesday.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)