|A call around 11 a.m Friday sent the Galesburg Fire Department to a double-wide mobile home at 1502 Rona Drive at the Swings Mobile Home Complex.
Fire Battalion Chief Todd Peterson says the firefighters responded to quickly to the call.
Peterson tells WGIL when firefighters got inside the fire was in the middle of the home.
"On scene we had heavy smoke coming from the front door so the east door and I think the owner of the place had open the door and when she existed and we found heavy fire through out the middle portion of the double-wide trailer."
Peterson says the homeowner was burning candles when one burnt lopsided and fell off a hutch into an artificial plant.
The owner tried to smother the fire with some towels and blankets but was unsuccessful and the fire spread to the structure.
Firefighters quickly had the fire under control once on scene.
The homeowner did suffer smoke inhalation and some minor burns to her hands.
The Red Cross has stepped in to help the owner with a place to stay and food and other medical necessities.
(WGIL News Story by Alexis Cory and Will Stevenson. Photos by Will Stevenson.)