Fire Department Responds To Early Morning Fire
The Galesburg Fire Department responded to the 400 block of Peck Street at 1:07 this morning.

Upon arrival the home was full of smoke that was determined to becoming from the the cloths dryer.

The family called the American Red Cross who were able to provide alternative housing for the family until fire investigators could asses the damage.

Galesburg Fire investigator Mike Whiston says the cause of the fire is undetermined at this time.

He says they're still trying to get in contact with the family so a proper investigation can be done.

It took minimal water to put out the fire.

Whiston says once they can get into the house and check out the dryer he'll then look into the dryer's history and see if it was a clogged lint trap or a malfunction caused the fire.

There were no working smoke detectors in the home. No injuries were reported.

Fire investigators are still looking into the matter.
12 26 12 by Newsroom
News management powered by Xpression News