Forefront, Illinois’ statewide association for nonprofits and grantmakers, hosts its 6th annual #ILGive for Giving Tuesday event. The digitally-focused, day-long online giving campaign is part of Forefront’s ongoing initiative to build capacity for nonprofits, grow the giving economy in Illinois, tear down barriers to giving, and inspire ordinary people to advocate for their communities.
Facts about #ILGive
- Over 25% of all #ILGive contributions come from first time donors.
- In 2018, total online donations in Illinois hit $2.8 million with the average participating organization raising over $5,400. 24,831 unique visitors went to ilgive.com, and millions of impressions with the #ILGive hashtag.
- #ILGive donors can use the website to contribute to hundreds of verified nonprofits in Illinois, spanning all types of causes in the arts, social justice, health and wellness, and more.
- In 2018, 333 Illinois nonprofits raised funds on ilgive.com.
- All of the nonprofits on ilgive.com are Illinois nonprofits. The money donated to them goes right back into Illinois neighborhoods and communities.
- Starting in 2019, four communities—Fox Valley, Knox and Warren Counties, Springfield, and Quincy—are hosting their own dedicated pages highlighting their unique nonprofits.
- In 2018, Illinois was ranked #2 in online donations for a statewide day of giving.
#ILGive for Giving Tuesday falls on the Tuesday that follows Thanksgiving. It’s a response to the twin retail phenomena of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, answering the public’s appetite to balance holiday “getting” with community “giving,” while simultaneously kicking off the end-of-year fundraising season for nonprofits. Presented by Forefront, the event will unify the state in an effort to raise as much money and awareness as possible for Illinois nonprofits in a 24-hour period. Every Illinois nonprofit is invited to create a mobile-friendly donation page on the fundraising platform at ILGive.com, where funds raised will go directly to participating organizations.